Friday, April 29, 2011

Sneak Peaks.... Revealed!

Alright Easter has come and gone, and I have not posted a single thing... but here is what I have been working on...

A new Spring wreath!

A few weeks ago my friend Whitney and I put these together... It was easy, but time consuming... All you need is paper, a foam wreath, pins (we used ones with "pearlized" ends... way overpriced at craft stores, so go to Wal-Mart), and something to cut all the flowers out with... We used my silhouette, I think I would have given up after the fifth flower if I had to cut these out by hand haha.
Once all your flowers are cut, just start layering and pinning away...



After realizing that we had both run out of little flowers and pins, we filled the gap with big layered flowers, I did mine in a different color and antiqued the edges to make it pop... Whitney made silk flowers for hers :)



Just add ribbon and put her up!



On to the next reveal...

A couple weeks ago my cousin Whitney flew up from Arizona for her baby shower... She is having a girl and I'm so excited! I saw this idea a while ago from a guest poster on Tatertots & Jello (under my fan links) and decided that Little Miss (as I affectionately refer to her as) needed one... So I graciously stole (I justified stealing it because she needed a toy to match her cute quilt) some fabric that Whit was using to make a quilt and whipped up this little teething toy cutie pie...



(This picture is BEFORE I sewed it all together, I just had to be super sneaky and stealth like to get it done without Whit catching me)

I got the pattern (free) off the website, but I added some plastic lining on the inside to make it crinkle when Little Miss chomps on it :) I hope she likes it, and I can't wait to meet her!

P.S. The fabric I showed in the sneak peaks was for another owl teether that I made in boy colors but I didn't take any pictures of it... whoops

No comments:

Post a Comment